Pages

Wednesday 6 May 2009

Final Lecture.


Our final lecture was today.
It's true I missed a lot of college this year, but it seems our professors aren't happy with us at all to begin with. They're all exceedingly slow readers, or just lazy, and if they have read, they are just unresponsive as hell, so their attending or not does not make a difference to the class at large.
I feel bad about that, even though I could've hardly forced the class to read.
Our professor of Poetry actually accused us of killing poetry this year. Though I do have to admit I prefer metaphysical poetry to victorian or modernist poetry, I can't say I really hated this year's poets. Prof was really glad with my enthusiasm for Eliot's Waste Land though, so all is good.

It's scary to have actually had the final lecture. I mean, sure, we'll still be going to college for the exams and parties for graduation planned, but that isn't the same.
Its one of the first steps to the end of college life, as it were.
Exams will be here and then over and done with within no time.. And then what?

Oh well.
Got lots to read till then.

xxx
The Gypsy

2 comments:

  1. Stupid passage of time inevitably leading to change. I'm sick of change. In the immortal words of Pete Townshend, "I hope I die before I get old."

    ReplyDelete
  2. damn jij schrijft snel en veel...ik hou dat nooit bij joh...
    wel gaaf, vind het echt tof hoe je dingen neer zet

    Breaz

    ReplyDelete