Felicitations are in the air. A lot of people are being congratulated on passing, ie. succeeding for their year's exams. I, for one, passed this period with a mingled feeling of gratitude for not sitting for any exams whatsoever this year, nostalgia over when I used to think exam-stress was the most awful thing ever (think I'm over that, now), and an obsessive anxiety about next year.
To be more specific, I have a "What the hell did I get myself into this time?" kind of feeling.
Anyways: Congratulations! to all those who passed, Good luck! to all those still busy with exams and projects, and uhm.. Hi! To all those who fall in neither category.
* Been in 8 different trams, 2 different buses, and 4 different trams
* Watched 4 different movies.
* Been to a new province. (Flevoland- never been there before)
* Ate white chocolate (in a mix) and actually liked it.
* Saw 4 movies.
* Had tacos, chives and a semi-professional massage for the first time in my life.
* Sung in public transportation.
I've been noticing that ever since I moved back to Holland, I've been having "First time tries" of everything. It's kind of unsettling how quickly I got used to the "Oh, I've never tried that before.. Well, exciting, here goes.." and over the "Should I..?" hesitation.
I got gutsier. And apparently sharper. Definitely harder. Maybe wittier.
It's interesting to compare this me to the me a year ago. Or even better, three or four years ago.
Any person living in Holland will have been able to tell you what the news has been about in the last couple of weeks, even if they themselves consistently avoided knowing about it. This is only because it's been everywhere; Newspapers, internet, radio, television, mouth-to-ear communication, and whatever other kind I am forgetting.
* Politics, and the elections.
* Holland's football team going to South Africa (World Cup News)
* Joran van der Sloot, infamous murderer/pimp/pokerplayer/drug dealer/messed up person who got caught in Peru.