Pages

Sunday 6 June 2010

Credo Quia Absurdum

It means something along the lines of "I believe /because/ it is absurd."
Basically the meaning of having faith in something, right?
If you could prove it, scientifically or otherwise, it wouldn't need faith.
It would be a fact.
Which is why having faith means believing in something you can't prove.
Something that might or might not happen.
Something that might or might not be.

I can't prove that things will be better from now on.
But I can have the faith to wait and see.

To quote from my favourite actor in the world ** :
"But that's impossible!"
"Only if you believe it is.."
- Alice in Wonderland (**Depp)

Yeah. This is what philosophy does to me xD
Makes me wonder the weirdest things.
I must be bonkers. But then again, all the best people are~

xxx
The Gypsy

1 comment:

  1. I watched the men who stare at goats movie~

    Them concepts in the movie I know quite well..

    ...a djed is the pillar of stability ,
    also its actually seemingly Egyptian.

    Djedis are the stabilizers or people who
    believe they can do incredible things
    and then go and achieve them for stability.

    They use mind power to bring peace.

    I believe lots of things others find far out.

    For example ; infinite realities with
    every possible outcome.

    That's believing in everything in a way~

    ReplyDelete