Pages

Wednesday 23 September 2009

Water and Books

Yesterday, I guess as a sort prolonging the feast, as well as a very late birthday celebration for my brother, we went to a water theme park : Duinrell. What with frog mascot and all the water on all sides, things were soapy wet real quickly.

There were so many rides, boats we could paddle ourselves (wrongly, of course, cause who knew you had to row backwards, really), a speed train called the falcon which goes upside down and makes you regret wearing a necklace at all, and then the water ride very much like the Flying Dutchman in the Efteling (another theme park) which proceeds by cannoning a big boat with a remarkably fast speed downwards into the water, and getting everyone inside drenched in the process.

It was both chilly and windy, which we had not noticed until we got wet, but it was fun anyways.. I guess they were also all trying very hard to be friendly and nice, for once. Big improvement, although it's a shame it doesn't come naturally. They are probably going back to Egypt without me, which is leaving me rather forlorn and miserable, yet trying very hard to be hopeful at the same time. It's the first step to getting what I want, isn't it? If I try hard enough.

On the way home we also stopped at a bookstore (at which I wanted to buy like, fifty books), and they went shopping and left me there for a long while, picked me up only after they were done. (Which suited me fine, I dislike shopping unless it's for books anyways). I did find two of David Lodge's works, and with the promise to pay it back soon, I managed to borrow the money to buy them. Woohoo.

xxx
The Gypsy

No comments:

Post a Comment