Pages

Monday 22 February 2010

Peeking of posts.


I never normally do this either.
But here I was, complaining about blog comments being scarce in general, and an actual deep conversation emerges, et voila!

Note: Me and practically all my friends can be morbid, pessimistic and harsh. Don't let that scare you. We don't bite. Hard.

Me: *fidgets* Why don't people comment on things? D;
Me: Makes you feel like you're typing for yourself D; (which is the case, but eh)
Friend: Like what?
Me: Blog xD
Friend: Oh.
Friend: That's why I stopped blogging.
Friend: Waste of time.
Friend: Writing an old fashioned diary is better in that respect.
Me: I keep that, too.
Friend: Mostly people only skim over blogs.
Me: Yes. So do I.
Me: But I still comment. xD So..
Friend: It's because online, all normal social conventions go out the window.
Friend: If you were sitting in the same room as someone and they told you a story (aka a blog entry) they wouldn't listen to half of it, then walk away saying nothing.
Friend: Apart from a select few like you, who actually know what being human is online and offline.
Me: I'm not human either on or off, but yes, your point's valid.
Me: Which is a shame. xD
Friend: It's like the line from the end of Mr. Roboto
Friend: Machines to save our lives, machines dehumanise.
Friend: Technology is breaking society, that's just my view.
Friend: We live in a material SMS generation.
Me: That's sounds really scary.
Me: Sad thing that it makes me think it's beautiful blog material? n.n;;;
Friend: lol
Me: Well. Writing material, really. But then I'm always writing.
Friend: That's fine. But now anyone can write. Anyone can share their thoughts. With anyone.
Friend: But no one really cares about what anyone else thinks, really.
Me: I do? But then I'm weird.
Friend: Well, that's the point. Maybe back in the day, only someone like you (if you pursued it) would be writing stuff for people to read. But now everyone is doing it.
Friend: Even people who type u instead of you.
Me: 'i no' xD

You know what's also scary?
That it's not just writing. Photography is just as much done "by anyone", now that you can take pictures and videos with all semi-modern mobile, laptop and camera out there, and you can upload those to so many sites x.x

Still appreciate people following/reading this blog at all, don't get me wrong, I'm very grateful. Really.

Also: I'm hungry.
I think that's all. For now.
xxx
The Gypsy

1 comment:

  1. Reminds me of the movie "Surrogates"
    where people used artificial replacements
    and never went out in public as themselves.

    People of the mainstream abuse technology ,
    to the point that they become dependent on it
    and forget how to do things manually.

    Like reaching for a calculator in an answer to
    a very simple equation of plus and minus.

    They don't stop and think as much
    about how the tech they're using came to be.

    Maybe they don't even know what plastic is ,
    despite it being all around them every day.

    Much less how to go about making it...

    ReplyDelete