Pages

Thursday 5 February 2009

I are a worthy adversary *dances*

"Thank God I've got a woman
with my name across her heart.
Loving me ain't easy,
loving me is hard.
I'm sorry about the madness,
but that's the way it's got to be,

'cause it takes a crazy woman,
to love a reckless man like me."

Don't ask about the title. xD
Lots to tell. Last week has actually been busy for someone who spent most of her time at home for the last two months. (aka Warning: Long post ahead)

Friday my cousin got married. Seeing as I was ill/tired, I spent most of that evening in the car. Which was perfectly fine by me, I'm not one for socializing unless I pick the company.

Saturday I went to see Twilight. Turned out to be a rather good movie (I would almost say unfortunately, I really felt like bashing something). I ended up downloading the four books from the internet. Not that I particularly like reading ebooks, but hey, if it's the only way. *shrug* Good enough. lol Then again, I have not been reading anything but webcomics lately. Ever since I started that book blog. Shame on me xD

Sunday was my cousin's birthday. I borrowed money from mum for a present for her, and found a foot bath tub thing mum had on her wish list, so bought that too, even though I have no money, and borrowed it off sis.

Monday and Tuesday I used to catch my breath, I was in bed almost the whole time. I need to get totally better, my body is starting to get annoyingly weak.

Wednesday: Long day. We left for Cairo (around 09:10). Went to /The/Yearly International Book Fair. Sis had bronchitis before leaving, so Cairo's pollution did nothing to make her breath easier. Me and mum nearly fainted to heat and oxygenlessness. Every book-tent had too many people, and not much air. It took a real while to even find the place (lost in Cairo, woohoo. Came there at around 15:00), and when we did, we couldn't find where to look for the English books. By the time we finally did, I felt like curling up in my bed at home. I'm still glad we went though (partly because it was the day before last).
Every one of us got at least one book, so it's all good.

To get a glimpse ;D
(And this is just one of the countless sections)
-We only got to visit four like these-


Then we left for the house of mum's friend. After asking for directions every five minutes, we arrived two hours later. Ate there, then her daughter needed someone to talk to privately, and she took me "shopping" with her. When we finally came home, every bit of me was dizzy and aching. At their home, they had two mother cats over for a week, whilst their owner was in Finland, and they both had had kittens (sooo cute!). Took a few pictures of them, but then again I took a lot of pictures of everything ;D.
When I finally went to sleep, I slept about 7 hours straight (which is a miracle for me, insomnia and nightmares usually keep me awake).

Today, we spent practically the whole morning and afternoon talking(Which does not require moving. Yay.). I found out that being single means being honey to every single matchmaker out there. I got three "possible grooms" served to me within 24 hours. Two of them are half-Egyptian, half-Dutch. They're brothers (Awkward. -sweatdrop-). And one is half-Egyptian, half-Finnish. Drank lots of cola and nescafe (aka caffeine, albeit not much -squeal-), and ate lots of tangerines. (On that count, I gained back the weight I had lost whilst sick. Whee.)
Then we left around 17:00, and came back a couple of hours ago.

Conclusion of this trip:
Total time: 38+ hours
Time spent driving: 12+ hours
Dead Animal at the side of the road count: 5
Things brought home:
-
8 books (3 for me. Yes, I'mma read all eight. Mwahaha)
-
2 pairs of shoes (I got those as a present from mum's friend =o They didn't fit her xP)
-
Lots of doodles. (I'll upload those on my Deviantart later.)
-
Lots of pictures. (I'll post some here.)
- Lots of body-ache.
- People happy Jess has three new "possibilities". *rolls eyes*

Pichah's:




Lil' puppy was so sad, it's companion was barking for attention, but this one was a lot quieter. Which is why it earns the attention. Rawr. So sweet. Poor thing, locked up in a cage like that.





The kittiness.

So cute. ;D

Really. Really cute.


And Fluffy.


























Aaaand look at that.
Valentines's day isn't that close yet, is it?
But then again, they also started out rambling about Santa in November, so... I'm not too fond of that stuff, I guess. Maybe only if I have a partner xP But I really think the gift-giving and love-showing should be all year round, not just on one specific day, when you "have" to. (Not really have to, but still.)






And on our way back, I saw a glimpse of the pyramids (miles and miles away)
Just HAD to take a picture. Then the cam died. Boohoo ;-;


But! I took the picture nonetheless. So wootness ;D

Ah'kay. That's all for now, folks <3
xxx
The Gypsy.

PS: Yes, I did just spend half an hour trying to fix the HTML so the pictures would fit. Grrr. D<
lol

5 comments:

  1. Lol, it's great that you -kinda- had fun. I hate Cairo's guts :P

    I'm too depressed to comment right now. Lol, maybe that's why I never comment anyway, I'm always effing depressed lately. *sigh*

    Read A Long Way Down first xD I LOVE it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The title seems... vaguely familiar...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Do you have any idea how many awesome points you win for quoting Papa Roach? Did you not think I would Google that? xD

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hahaa! Here Finland is mentioned twice! >D Oh, oh! Finnish-Egyptian! How many "possibilites" do you have? ;D

    "Twilight" was a teen girl phenomena here some time ago, all the American female pre-teens and teens were screaming and drooling after Edward, everybody was reading those books at school and they were all excited about the movie. I considered reading Twilight after finishing Count of Monte Cristo, just out of curiosity, but then I started Dracula instead (hahaha, to read the ORIGINAL vampire stuff instead of the all-romanti..ficated.. things xP). And now my sister sent me an e-mail and said that because her friend was all crazy about Twilight, she read the first book, and said it was so lame and just very near to horrible syrup-like harlequin literature. o.o ...okay. Well, I guess I could stick to the cool classics instead. x'D Unless they seem like worth reading? You tell me! :P

    Oh and yay for free shoes! :D I got a nice pair from my grandma once and changed the shoe laces, they were really cool after that. x3

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh and, the little video from the Book Fair was so cool, it was nice to visit Egypt for 21 seconds! x3
    Oh and the pictures of the animals were cute, awwh. >.< There's a saying in Finnish, "a picture tells more than a thousand words", so yeah, undescribable how cute those fellows are! x'3

    ReplyDelete