Pages

Monday 3 May 2010

Month Of May.

May.
Full of birthdays. (My own included)
Full of gifting. (And being gifted)

My weekend, though full enough of cramps, pains and nauseousness, was the longest and best I've had in ages.
I met (at least) 16 new people, most of whom were spiffingly awesome.
Also saw plenty of familiar (loved) faces I hadn't seen a while.
I also experienced being third, fifth and even seventh wheel. Though that wasn't necessarily negative. Plenty of distractions either way. (And analyzing people ^_^)

30th of April is a national holiday: Koninginnedag (Or Queen's Day - the old/deceased queen's birthday-).
A lot of people in the streets dressed in the Dutch Royal colour: Orange.
Unfortunately (the night before), also a lot of drunk and/or drugged people, a lot of harrassment, a lot of litter and noise. So we scurried to the safety of the nearest home, and watched a movie.
The day itself was good, strolling in the sun, meeting friends of Judith and Ricardo, and visiting a fun fair. Shooting games and Bumper Cars never get old.

And then May started.
The 2nd of May already hitting three birthdays in one go: Ricardo's, Ralf's and Myriam's (the last being my eldest dutch cousin.)
Ricardo celebrated it on Saturday. Lots of new faces, plenty of sun, apple pie and pancakes. Yum.
The day ended in a comfortable drowsiness, watching a french comedy (o.o;; I know, right?)
Ralf's party was on Sunday. More new faces. Though I think I was pretty stoned with painkillers, (enough to get lost in that little village of theirs from the busstop to Ralf's place, in the pouring rain) I pulled off socializing reasonably well. And more pie. Hurray.

The 5th is Rick's birthday.
The 7th is Wenjun's.
The 10th I share with a relative, and two Egyptian friends: Heba and Jasmine.
The 13th is Nina's, the daughter of my younger uncle.
I also think Amgad's birthday is somewhere in there. And Judy's.
*frowns*
And that's just the first two weeks of the month. xD

xxx
The Gypsy

2 comments:

  1. May you have a happy May :3

    Hope to chat with ya again soon~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jij ook al;) Erg he, al die verjaardagen, hoe komen ze dr op... Maar eh kom je binnenkort nog een keer naar Deventer? KRijg je nog een stukje taart :P

    ReplyDelete